Deck the Halls with Festive Activities
Folsom transforms into a magical wonderland during the holiday season. From twinkling lights, to special events and parties, here are some great holiday events in Folsom to choose from.
Light Up the Season:
- For some old time charm, check out the Historic Folsom Christmas Tree Lighting (Dec 1st): Witness the annual tradition of lighting the Christmas tree in the heart of the Historic District. Enjoy carols, hot cocoa, shopping, Santa and festive cheer.
- Wild Nights and Holiday Lights at the Folsom City Zoo Sanctuary (Dec 1st-2nd, 8th-9th, 15th-16th, 22nd-23rd): Experience a dazzling display of lights and holiday magic at the zoo. Enjoy animal encounters, festive food and drinks, and create lasting memories at this truly unique event.
- Palladio Center is already beautiful, but add in their Christmas lights and it makes for a truly magical shopping, strolling and dining experience
- City of Folsom Holiday Lights Contest – Let your inner Clark Griswold shine and enter this great annual event. Prizes in various categories. Entry deadline Dec 8th.
Deck the Halls with Festive Activities:
- 55th Annual Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair (Dec 3rd): Find unique, handcrafted gifts from local artisans at this beloved holiday tradition. Enjoy food and music, too!
- Santa’s Whistle Stop Train – Join the Placerville and Sacramento Valley Railroad for this fun family adventure
- Sutter Street Santa Crawl – Don’t miss this fun adults-only stroll through the Historic District bars and restaurants.
- Special Needs Evening with Santa (Dec 11th): Santa Claus welcomes families with special needs for a stress-free and joyful visit.
- Palladio has Santa Photo shoots available through Dec 23 by reservation-only
- Local Mortgage Lender and community supporter Evangeline Scott has a free Santa Photo drop in on Dec 9 from 11am to 1pm at the MTT Collective in the Palladio. Mimosas for the adults, juice and snacks for the kids. Bring your own camera.
- The charming Sutter Street Theater has 3 productions going this month. Holiday in the Hills, The Quiltmaker’s Gift and the Old Tyme Christmas Radio Show
- Get your Irish up at Harris Center, as they present An Irish Christmas
- Folsom Lake Symphony presents Happy Holidays, featuring baritone Roberto Perlas Gomez, Dec 9th and 10th
- Powerhouse Pub has 2 fun holiday parties this month. The Bad Santa Party on Dec 9th, and the Pajama Jam on Christmas Eve.
More Events and Info:
- Find all sorts of events, or add your own to The MyFolsom event calendar
- Folsom Historic District Events Schedule: https://www.historicfolsom.org/events-schedule/
- Sacramento365 Holiday Events: https://www.sacramento365.com/
- Eventbrite Folsom Holiday Events: https://www.eventbrite.com/d/ca–folsom/events/
As you can see, holiday events in Folsom offer something for everyone. Get out there and enjoy this holiday season.
written by Steve Heard, with a little help.