Local Events Offer Something for Everyone
It’s Fall in Folsom. Well, officially, it’s been fall for weeks, but with temperatures in the upper 80s and 90s, it’s felt more like summer. With the recent sprinkling of rain, the chill of the morning air, and forecasts for cooler weather, it finally feels like fall.
In addition, pumpkin-spice flavored everything is in the shops and bakeries, Halloween decorations are going up, and the leaves are starting to turn.
This is a great time of year to live in or visit Folsom as the area comes alive with great events for families and grown-ups alike.
Here are a few events in and around Folsom you may want to check out:
- The Handblown Glass Pumpkin Patch – Hosted by Folsom Park and Rec, and curated by 2BGlass, the Glass Pumpkin Patch features over five thousand handblown glass pumpkins, gourds, acorns and more, created by over a dozen glass artists! See live glass-blowing, have a snack, and pick up some beautiful, collectable glass art. Oct 14-15. Free.
- Historic Folsom’s Spirit, Brews and Bites – Stroll Folsom’s Historic District merchants, tasting spirits, brews and bites from local restaurants, breweries, and distilleries. Each participating shop will have their own tasting station. Come as you are, or preview your Halloween costume. October 21. $49
- Folsom Family Expo – Organized by Style Media Group hosted at the Palladio Piazza, it includes, live performances on the main stage, free hay rides, limited free tickets to Seaquest, giveaways and prizes. Oct 14. Free
- Trick or Treating – In addition to your neighbors, get free candy at the Historic Folsom Fall Festival Oct 28, Folsom Police Department Oct 28, and at Palladio Oct 30!
- Fair Play Wineries Harvest Festival – Savor food and wine pairings at 22 wineries, discounts, live music and more. Don’t miss the hospitality and Kenyan barbecue at Mellowood, the award-winning sparkling wines of Gwinllan Estate , compare the old and new vintages from Perry Creek , and so much more. Don’t miss this fun event, Nov 4 and 5. Tickets $40 to $70
- Foothill Wine Fest at Palladio – The Palladio parking garage is converted into a wine-lover’s fantasy. Taste award-winning wines from 70 wineries around the region, enjoy light bites and music. Nov 11. Tickets are $65 to $85
- Folsom Turkey Trot – Fun for the whole family, the Trot is a fundraiser for local non-profits, and great way to burn off your wine and candy calories before replacing them with your Thanksgiving meal. So, join 4000 of your best friends on the 5k or 10k. Run, walk or trot Nov 23
- Apple Hill Farms – You’ll find hot cider, apple pie, barbecue, fresh produce, pony rides, wineries, breweries arts and crafts at various locations.
If all of this makes you want to live here, check out the homes for sale in Folsom. If you see something you like, drop me a line!
Steve Heard – eXp Realty of Northern California Inc – DRE#01368503 – 916 718 9577 – email@example.com