Folsom Live, Folsom’s favorite night out returns to Historic Sutter Street September 21st. As a veteran attendee, sponsor and volunteer, I’ve learned a few things, and would like to share my tips to help make it an enjoyable experience. Here goes….
- Get the lay of the land – See the map. Note where the entrance is, where stages, restrooms and bars are located.
- Figure out who you want to see, when and where they are playing. See the map for stages and times, for the list of bands go here www.folsomlive.com/bands/ – You don’t want to start wandering and wondering.
- Get Your Tickets in Advance – Avoid the crush of late arrivals and the hassle of buying at the gate, and you’ll pay less, too. Take $5 off general admission by entering myfolsom19 in the promo code box, or buy a party pack of 4 and save $10 per person.
- Don’t Drive – With street closures and traffic and the people who just don’t listen, the area can get crowded, and there is very limited street parking.
- Get a free ride – Sac Regional Transit aka ‘Light Rail’ is offering free rides to ticket holders, from downtown to Historic Folsom until 1130pm. Or, take a free shuttle bus from the Palladio Whole Foods parking lot from 430 to 11pm, or Glenn Light Rail Station from 3 to 11pm. Or, take Lyft or Uber. It’s not free, but it sure is convenient. There is an easy pick up/drop off location on Leidesdorff.
- If going with cash, get it before you arrive – One of the changes this year is that you no longer need to purchase drink tickets. Bars within the venue will be cash or card only. Although there will be ATMs on hand, skip waiting in line and get your cash in advance. You can also use cards at the bars, but cash is quicker.
- See it all – A lot of effort has gone into making this an unforgettable event. In addition to the 2 main stages, look for entertainers and street performers, lighted trees, lighted people, disco ball and more throughout the venue.
- Visit the local bars and restaurants – Burgers, steaks, burritos, pizza, tacos, pub food and more can be found at the fantastic Sutter Street restaurants, and the bars will be hopping until 2am. Powerhouse Pub/Scarlet’s will have 2 dj’s, 4 bars and live music featuring ‘8 Track Massacre’ – $15 cover
- Don’t over do it – It’s a party, but you want to enjoy and remember it, and you don’t want to end up in a bad way. Be smart.
- Post your selfies on the MyFolsom Facebook Page www.facebook.com/myfolsom/ #myfolsom for a chance to win prizes!
PS. I’ll be emceeing the Voxpro Stage. Stop by and say hello.
Steve Heard is Folsom Realtor, and owner of MyFolsom.com
Reach Steve at 916 718 9577 or email firstname.lastname@example.org