There’s always something to do in Folsom, but May is when the town really comes alive. The rainy season is over, the weather is warm, and it’s time to enjoy some of our great outdoor amenities and events.
With something for everyone, here are some can’t miss events for you. How many can you make?
- May 5 – Late Night Date Night – The first Friday of every month, the Folsom Historic District merchants offer special treats, live music and specials. Pop in on one of your favorite bars or restaurants, or try something new!
- May 6 – “Meat” and Greet with Folsom PD – This fun event feature a burger and hot dog barbecue, along with K9 demos, swat, and more!
- May 6 – 7 – Folsom Hand Car Derby – Try your hand or watch the fun!
- May 7 – Great Scott! Bike and Walk Event – Your last chance to ride, run or walk down Scott Road before the area is developed
- May 11 – Folsom Chamber of Commerce Biz Expo – Tasty restaurant samples, prizes, and give-aways
- May 11– Ride with the Mayor – Annual group ride from Folsom to Sacramento
- May 13 – Folsom Lake Symphony String Quartet – Playing at the Historic District Amphitheater
- May 13– Love My Mom Run – Celebrate moms and chase yours around the Palladio at this family fun run
- May 17 – SactoMoFo Food Truck Safari – In the park next to Folsom Zoo
- May 20 – Folsom Relay for Life – Annual 24 hour fundraiser at Sutter Middle School
- May 21 – Folsom Rotary Wine and Dine – This one is indoors, but they have a patio….and wine
Also note that May is Bike Month, and there are lots of activities planned. More info here: www.mayisbikemonth.com
Now, get out there!
Have an event I didn’t mention? Tell us about it!